Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mushy Grass and Muddy Boots

Hi everyone!
I'd like to start off with a simple post. With pictures, because who doesn't love those? (As a warning, this post is starting to appear slightly picture heavy). Looking outside my window today, I noticed something strange. Sunlight!! Spring has sprung, I suppose. Get ready for mushy grass and mud covered boots. Ick. In spirit of which, I thought I'd take us all back to happier times. No mud, no rain! Last summer, I went to the botanical gardens down in the city and snapped a few pictures. Lush green grass and flowers in bloom. What more to set your spring off to a fresh start?

So, here's a weird tip. If you just aim your camera at things as you walk by, you're bound to run into something that looks fantastic. Just what happened when I was passing by a seemingly ordinary tree. The way the light hits this and the shadows it creates gives it such an emerald-like green shade.

In my dream home, this is the entrance to my garden.

Very Roman like appearance. 

What a great place to rest after walking uphill!

Sometimes, I imagine my life as a movie. If I was a fisherman's daughter, this is where I would be. Crack of dawn, every morning. 

Shockingly enough, the stone steps lead up to a quaint little cottage. Stuffed with hay and all the works.
My only recommendation to you wonderful viewers is that if you live anywhere near a botanical garden, it is SO worth seeing. I'm not an outdoors person myself, but this kind of nature, everyone can appreciate. It was just stunning, a strange getaway from the city it's actually located in. My pictures don't do this garden justice. Definitely something worth seeing. 
As a side note, I would mention the exact location of this, but I'm not sure how comfortable I am with giving out my personal location. However, if you email me personally, I'd be more than happy to divulge. Until next time!

xoxo lollipoplaiba

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I love places like this! When you find them it is so fun to go around looking at all the different nooks and crannies:) Great first post:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true, great pics!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete