Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gel Eyeliners

Hi everyone!

Lately I've been feeling like my usual liquid liner is a bit too dramatic to use everyday so I decided to give gel eyeliner a try. I did have a few pots sitting around because I purchased them a while back but was displeased with the smudged look. This time around though, I was very pleased.

The few gel eyeliners I found.

Close-up of the brush applicators they came with.
These are the ones that I found, naturally the Nars one is my favorite. It glides on much smoother than the others though the Maybelline is a close match. The Maybelline one is also brown (I usually wear black liner) and it's a very light shade which works well on days you don't really want to wear a lot of heavy makeup.

The applicator I received with my Nars liner is really a lot smoother and easier to use than the Maybelline one which is really stiff and almost painful to use. However, you can just pick up a gel eyeliner brush at your nearest makeup store if you're unhappy with the one your eyeliner comes with.

Pros:

Significantly easier to apply than any other type of eyeliner, these just smooth right on.
They give you the precision of a liquid liner but with a lot more control.

Cons:

They smudge. Easily.
Wears off after about 7-8 hours so it really can't be worn all day.


If you haven't invested in one of these yet, I would recommend that you do. It's a necessity for every eyeliner wearer and they're nothing like anything you've tried before. The amount of control you have with these is also spectacular, it's easy to master any eyeliner shape.



Have you tried gel eyeliner? Do you prefer it over liquid liner?


1 comment:

  1. Приветики! Хотелось бы открыть парикмахерскую, ищу любую полезную информацию для написания бизнес плана. Может у кого-то есть опыт в таком бизнесе? Сейчас большой выбор оборудования для парикмахерских и салонов красоты. Выбираю между компаниями Lampa-lupa.pl, Myjka-ultradzwiekowa.pl, Massage-service.com.ua, hurtownia Newface beauty, Магазин Спашоп .В таком количестве информации самой разобраться тяжело( Скажите где дешево купить лед лампы для ногтей?

    ReplyDelete